South Carolina’s Lowcountry, with its great beauty and charm, is a wonderful place to live. Located along the southeastern US coast, it does have some weather-related challenges: hot, humid summers, coastal storm exposure, and strong sun. A Green home is the best answer! Here are some of the key features that will save you money while they keep you safe, happy, and comfortable:
- SIP construction – very strong construction method, extremely energy-efficient. Learn more about SIPs here.
- Impact-rated, low-e hurricane windows from Marvin Windows & Doors throughout house and garage. Here’s an article on the benefits of impact-rated windows.
- Engineered to withstand hurricane-force winds
- High-SEER heat pump HVAC system
- On-demand Rinnai hot water heaters (3)
- SIP roof panels finished with reflective mill-finish metal roofing prevent solar heat gain and ensure that attic spaces do not suffer from heat build-up
- Porches on east and west sides of the house shelter from low-angled sun during hot times of year
- Earthcraft™ Platinum and EnergyStar® certified home